Clinical trial sites are increasingly under pressure to increase the pace of drug development and reduce costs for sponsors, against a backdrop of increasing regulatory compliance. Inefficiencies in the local lab contribute to this through
- Inefficient and paper-based logs and processes
- Inability to manage and track samples within the lab, and with outside suppliers and couriers
- Difficultly in managing time-sensitive processing and storage of samples
- Inability to properly manage stock in freezers
- Excessive time expended manually reporting and logging samples for traceability and auditing.